The insurance company was at first an association of 15 hospitals known in the name of Associated Hospital Service of Baltimore. That was in the year 1937 it later came to be known as Maryland Hospital Service in the year 1947. Today Marylandís CareFirst Inc is serving more than 3.4 million people, which is the largest in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Plans: Marylandís CareFirst Inc. offers a large choice of plans on insurance. Mostly they are resigned by the employees to meet the need of the residents. The plans are as follows:
- BlueChoice HMO Open Access
- BlueChoice Opt-Out Open Access
- BluePreferred, BluePreferred Limited Benefit Plan
- BlueChoice Opt-Out Plus
- Blue Selections
- BluePreferred Open Enrollment
- BlueFund Consumer Directed Health Plans (CDH)
- Personal Comp
- Maryland Point of Service (POS)
- Select Preferred Provider Plan
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO/PPN)
All the above plans has its own advantages and disadvantages that might be decisive factor for the client.
Service: Marylandís CareFirst Inc. has been working all its years of service to provide quality and affordable plans to the residents. It is a progressive company with many goals that are ambitious by nature. Marylandís CareFirst Inc. is also a non profit organization. It involves the community at large. The employees are also helpful and designing new programs and plans for its members every year for their benefit.