Managed Care Health Plan
Managed care health plan is meant to ensure maximum health and medical coverage at minimum expenditure. Presently there are many health insurance policies that are based on managed care plan. This plan allows the insurance providers to convince the insurance holders on certain medical care services.
Managed care health plan can be availed from three insurance provider organizations namely Point of Service (POS) plans, Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) and Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO). To get free quotes on Managed Care from major insurance companies visit miqu.
Advantages of Managed Care Health Plan
- Managed care health plan centers on healthy living by preventing unhealthy lifestyle. This focus is meant to prevent additional health care expenditures.
- Managed care policy offers financial as well as delivery of medical care services.
- Managed care plan can be enjoyed within a specified network of the insurance provider. So it is advisable to verify the list of hospitals, clinics and physicians before enrolling for a managed care plan.
Shortcomings of the Managed Care Health Plan
- Managed care plan may be pocket friendly but they offer a very limited network of physicians and clinics to choose from.
- This plan provides less elasticity in enjoying health care services.
- Managed care policy requires you to obtain the consent of your insurance provider before you go for your medical treatment.