Introduction: Texas medical insurance situation is extremely upsetting, in comparison to the health insurance situation of the entire United States. In accordance to a survey conducted by The Center for Disease Control, almost 25% of the total Texas population was uninsured for Texas medical insurance per year, between 2001 and 2003.
In this article, we have discussed about important Texas medical insurance regulations and Texas medical insurance alternative options.
Regulations for Texas Family Health Insurance, Child Health Insurance and Coverage for Texas individuals
- A Texas individual having coverage under Texas medical insurance policy through a group or employer can not be refused or restricted to get coverage under that group or employer Texas medical insurance plan.
- Texas individuals looking for coverage under an individual Texas medical insurance plan can be refused or restricted to get coverage; depending on health, age and other criteria.
- All Texas medical insurance policies should have a guaranteed provision for renewal. Through a guaranteed renewability provision a Texas individual can renew his or her existing medical insurance policy, if and only if he or she has disbursed all the premiums, in time and provided no fake information during the entire term of the policy.
- Some of the Texas medical insurance companies can inflict elimination riders and pre-existing condition waiting periods.
- Elimination riders can keep away medical conditions, body parts or body systems from coverage, even permanently, for the entire duration of a policy.
- Texas medical insurance companies can impose a pre-existing condition for up to two years. However, the pre-existing condition waiting period can be limited to only one year, if the insurers haven't asked about such health conditions.
- Texas medical insurance companies are allowed to investigate the health record of the applicant, dating back 5 years, to know whether a health condition was present previously. And if so, they can keep away that condition from coverage.
- Texas medical insurance companies are allowed to investigate any condition for which a policy holder files a claim within 2 years from the beginning of coverage. And if so, they can implement pre-existing condition rules.
- Continual coverage for pre-existing waiting period can be transferred from previous medical insurance policies to new policies.
- Health Maintenance Organizations or HMOs are not allowed to implement pre-existing waiting periods.
- Texas medical insurance companies consider pregnancy as a pre-existing condition.
- Newborns and adopted children should get coverage under parent's Texas medical insurance plan if it offers coverage for dependants. However, they can be covered, automatically, for the first 31 days from the day of birth or adoption.
- Disabled and handicapped children should get coverage under their parent's individual Texas health insurance policy, even beyond the upper age limit.
- Texas individuals between health insurance policies or employers are able to apply for temporary Texas medical insurance policies.
Texas Major Health Insurance Costs
- There are so many sorts of health coverage available in Texas. Texas individuals seek important health insurance rates. US Online offers medical insurance quotes, for free.
- Texas medical insurance costs differ based on age, health, family size and other criteria. The rate increases at the time of renewal based on altering health and age.
- The rate hiking does not depend on any individual's change, but it depends on all individuals of same age limit and similar health status.
Texas Medical Insurance Alternative Options
Texas individuals having difficulties getting health insurance or otherwise considered as uninsurable are able to apply for Texas medical insurance alternative options:
- Texas Health Insurance High Risk Pool: The program is designed to let uninsurable Texas individuals get coverage through group Texas medical insurance policy.
- Texas Children's Health Insurance Program: This program is created to offer coverage to the Texas children and teens. Nevertheless, children from the families, which are not able to pay for Texas medical insurance costs or ineligible for Texas Medicaid, are only able to apply for the program.
- Texas Medicaid: The program is available to the Texas individuals, who meet all the qualifying as well as income criteria.
Texas Department of Insurance
For more information on Texas medical insurance, you can contact at the following address:
The Texas Department of Insurance
Austin - 78701
P.O Box 149104
Austin - 78714-9104
(512) 463-6169 - 800-578-4677