An Exposure to Health Insurance Terms in Alabama Privacy Policy | Contact |

An Exposure to Health Insurance Terms in Alabama

BBBOnLine Reliability Seal

Home - Health Insurance - Health Insurance Features for Different States of USA - State Medical Insurance Plans - Medical Insurance in Alabama - An Exposure to Health Insurance Terms in Alabama

Find Local Doctors & Health Plans : Enter Your ...

ZIP Code

Quotes Type

Your E-mail ID

[Optional and Compliant to Federal Laws]


An Exposure to Health Insurance Terms in Alabama

An Exposure to Health Insurance Terms in Alabama

Having heath insurance is the most desirable option for a complete and reasonably priced healthcare for not only you but for your entire family. Buying health insurance will let you conveniently receive proper and best possible healthcare for you and your dependants; while you need it the most. Because of, it will help you paying for your healthcare expenses.

Individual or Group

Alabama health insurance is accessible through two kinds of healthcare plans; either through individual plans or through group plans. Sometimes, an individual plan and a group plan may offer same healthcare coverage. The difference is how these two kinds of plans are accessed. Individual plans are accessed independently; without any sort of affiliation but the group plans are always accessible through an association or employer.

Group healthcare plans are mostly suited to average person. These plans have provision to cover the person's entire family. Instead of that facility, group plans cost lesser than individual healthcare plans.

Selecting Healthcare Coverage

Keep in mind the bellow-mentioned criteria while comparing and selecting healthcare coverage.

How much you have to pay from your own pocket?

Deductible: Deductible is the initial payment you have to pay to the insurance company before it starts paying for your healthcare services. Normally, higher deductible denotes lower rate of premiums. Nevertheless, you should not opt for so high deductible, as you may not be able to pay that. The agreement between you and your health insurers dictates the amount you will pay for you and your family every year. The amount depends on how many people are getting coverage under that particular plan.

Coinsurance: It is the percentage or share of covered expenditures you have to pay along with the deductible. For instance, your health plan would pay 80% of total covered charges following the payment of deductible. Then, you need to pay the rest 20% from your pocket and this is called coinsurance.

Co-payment: It is the particular amount you have to pay as the subscriber of managed care plan, for the covered healthcare services. It is disbursed to the healthcare provider during the time the services are provided.

Premium: Premium is the monthly or yearly amount that you have to pay for your health insurance plan.

Coordination of Benefit Provision: You will not get any extra benefit than actual medical and hospital expenditures, even if you've more than a single group health insurance policy.

You also can not receive same claim twice, even if you and your spouse have family coverage under separate group health insurance plans and have disbursed two premiums.

Premium Increase and Renewal Provisions: Such provisions decide the conditions for which you may lose your eligibility; with no medical test to make sure that you're in well health.

An Exposure to Health Insurance Terms in Alabama  Get Your Free Medical Insurance Quotes Now!


Home     Contact Us     Privacy Policy     Our Edge     Disclaimer     Site Map     More Resources

Copyright 2003-2018 QuickHealthInsurance.com Group, Inc. [Protected under U.S. Copyright TX5-874-987 & Several Pending Patents]

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape.