SSL Certificate Installation :: Plesk
SSL Certificate Installation in Plesk Administrator
1) Download the Primary, Intermediate, and Root certificate files from your DigiCert account.
2) Login to the Plesk 7 Control Panel.
3) Select 'Domains' from the left hand menu.
4) Click on the domain name that the certificate is for.
5) Click on the 'Certificates' menu item.
6) There is a button in the middle of the page labeled 'Browse'. Click 'Browse' and navigate to the location of the saved Primary Certificate (your_domain_name.crt) you received from DigiCert. Select it, then select 'Send File'. This will upload and install the certificate against the corresponding Private Key.
7) The certificate name will now appear in the list of certificates at the bottom of the page.
8) Click on the name of the Certificate from the list.
9) Look for the box on the page labeled 'CA Certificate'. You will need to paste both the Intermediate Certificate and GTE root certificates into this box.
Note: They must be pasted this in order, the Intermediate Certificate first (DigiCertSecurityServicesCA.crt), followed by the GTE root certificate (GTECyberTrustRoot.crt), the result will look similar to the example below (Please note: no blank line between the end of one certificate and the start of the next):
10) Click the 'Send Text' button.
11) Now click 'Up Level' until you get to the top level and choose 'Setup'.
12) At the top of the page, change the 'SSL Certificate' drop-down menu to the certificate you have just installed.
13) Click the 'Server' item from the left hand menu.
14) Click on the 'Service Management' menu item.
15) Stop and Start the WEB Server (Apache) to activate the certificate.
NOTE: Restarting Apache will NOT work. You must stop the service, then start it again to complete the installation
Installing your SSL Certificates in Plesk Server Administrator
How to install your SSL Digital Certificate on a Plesk Web Server.
|Email DigiCert . Secure Sockets Layer . PKI Public Key Infrastructure . Digital Certificate . Authentication & Encryption . Secure Server Security|
|© 2003-2006 DigiCert™ Inc • SSL Certificate Authority • All Rights Reserved|